So it's that time of year again when my husband's job decides to hunt for cheaper ins. I hate it. Those forms are long and annoying not to mention intrusive! So I fill out what they want, on a seperate sheet of paper b/c do they really expect me to fill out everything I have on 3 lines _____________ this long?
Well we get a call a few days ago that they need more info, wonderful. My dh is out on location for work and has been for the last 2 weeks (and will again next week) so he can't talk to them so it's up to me. double wondeful. So I talk to a lady who obviously is just an office person as she has no clue what I'm talking about. I told her 4 times that CM and SM were progressive neurological conditions in response to her "what is the prognosis". It's progressive as in it will never get better, ever never. I finally had to say "I'm either going to die or become paralized b/c it is progressive and won't go away. Really? give me a break, lady! I kinda like to forget that is possibly my future!
Oh and I love telling her that I had to seek treatment for depression when I was first dx. why, she asked? Hmmmmm..24 years old, dx with several incurable conditions that are progressive and will leave me in a wheelchair, paralized...na, never mind being sad, angry, upset, resentful, bitter about that, heck no, let's throw a party instead!
And then up comes my future hip surgery. Sorry, I don't know what it entails, neither do any of the doctors. My ortho says it's very rare, he's only seen a few cases when he was in med school and only in athletes (uh, never been one, sorry) so he is referring me to a specialist over 4 hours away that has only done 2,000 of these types of surgeries EVER IN THE UNITED STATES! triple wonderful. Sorry, I can't be more clear, ma'am.
"Has anyone in your family had to be hospitalized in the past 5 years or has a medical claim over $2,000?" HAHA! yea, I meet those within the first 3 months of the year, lady! A hip shot directly into my hip joint every 3 months will do that to ya!
*sigh*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment